Sunday, September 16, 2012

Adventure Time Game Jam - 12hr remaining

Adventure Time Game Making Frenzy!

Hey guys, sorry no post for a week, but I have indeed been busy working on a game. It's my entry for the 48hr adventure time game making frenzy that is happening right now (~12hr remaining). What I’ve spent the better part of the last 24 hours on. I’d like to thank my fiance for putting up with me :p.



My First Game Jam

Warning, the controls QWOP-Like. Not for the light of heart.
You can play the demo here
You can see a video here

Some things I learned

- Art takes a long time
- Prepare as much material ahead of time as possible
- Try to finish all external work prior (I didn't even start the jam until Saturday due to work/homework obligations)
- Audio/Music can really make or break a game experience. Luckily Adventure Time has so many cool tracks and sound effects that we were able to sample freely as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment